Making ownership a reality
Assemble supports you to into home ownership by enabling you to move in and rent your apartment for five years, while you save to buy it. Protecting you from shifts in the property market.
How it works
Rent, save, buy - in that order
- Work with the Assemble team to find your ideal home.
- Sign your lease, with rent agreed for five years. Leases are renewed every 12 months, so if life takes you elsewhere, you have the flexibility to leave at the end of your lease (after giving notice).
- Sign your contract of sale, locking in the purchase price of your home – this gives you the option, but not the obligation to purchase at the end of the five-year lease term.
- From the moment you sign up, we will support you on your savings journey, with our free (opt-in) financial coaching program.
- It takes about two years to build your new home – then it’s time to move in and make yourself at home. You’ll access additional savings support through our bulk buying partnerships, aimed at reducing the cost of living across household goods, services, and utilities by at least 20%.
- Fast forward five years. Time to make it your own! Choose to take up the option to purchase for the original fixed price in your contract or hand back the keys if you decide not to proceed.
An alternative supported pathway
We’ll help you on your savings journey
Initiatives like free financial coaching for all residents, competitive pricing on 100% renewable energy and internet, and bulk buying on everyday goods are designed to help you achieve your savings goal and be in the best position to buy your home at the end of your lease period.
Jump on the ladder
Your home’s purchase price is fixed
Assemble gives you the opportunity to get on the property ladder today and avoid the fluctuations of the market, you have a fixed goal to save towards, and you get to experience your home and community before you purchase. If the market performs well over the five year lease period, any upside is to your benefit, if it doesn’t, you have the option of walking away.